Classic 7 Piece Knife Block Set + FREE Hinoki Cutting BoardKai Shun
To celebrate the achievement of 10 million knives produced worldwide, the Shun Classic 7 Piece Block Set comes with a free commemorative Shun Hinoki-Cypress cutting board.
The Shun Classic 7 Piece Block Set will raise your chopping, slicing, dicing and cutting tasks to a culinary art form. Each Shun Classic knife has a core of proprietary VG-MAX steel for a solid yet precise cutting edge which is clad each side with 34 layers of Damascus Steel (69 layers total including the core) for increased durability. D-shaped (best suited for right handers) PakkaWood handles are made from compressed layers of resin impregnated hardwood to provide a moisture resistant, strong, and durable connection with the blade and your hand. As with natural wood, no two pieces of Pakkawood are exactly alike.
Razor sharp out of the box, this beautiful set of premium quality knives and accessories provides you with the complete kit to enjoy many years of food prep and cooking.
The Shun Classic 7 Piece Block Set includes:
9cm Paring Knife - Sits well in the hand with a small pointed blade suited for precise tasks such as trimming and peeling fruit and vegetables.
Utility 15cm Knife - An all-purpose knife nimble enough to peel an onion in hand, then slice it up in short order.
Chefs 20cm Knife - Designed in the traditional European shape and arguably the most versatile of all knives in the kitchen.
Santoku 18cm Knife - A traditional Japanese all-purpose knife, suitable for slicing, dicing, and chopping.
Kitchen Scissors - A pair of soft handled Kitchen Scissors with blades that easily separate for quick wash up. Perfect for a variety of tasks ranging from cutting herbs to butterflying a chicken.
Combination Honing Steel - To keep your knives in tip top shape, this honing steel features two honing surfaces and a handy angle guide incorporated into the bolster.
Wooden Knife Block - A solid wooden knife block to store your knives. The block includes extra open slots so you can continue to expand your Shun collection.
Free Commemorative Chopping Board - The use of a Hinoki Cypress cutting board is a traditional and essential element of Japanese culinary culture, representing a long history of craftsmanship and reverence for natural materials. Made of Hinoki Cypress, a Japanese wood that is highly regarded for its durability, natural antimicrobial properties, gentle treatment of knives and its fine-grained surface that prevents food from slipping during preparation.
- Each set contains: Shun Classic Paring Knife 9cm (DM0700), Shun Class Utility Knife 15cm (DM0701), Shun Classic Chefs Knife 20cm (DM0706), Shun Classic Santoku 18cm (DM0702), Shun Combination Honing Steel (SS0790), Kitchen Scissors (DH3005) and 8 Slot Wooden Block.
- Cutting Edge: Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade.
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (69 total including core) stainless steel Damascus cladding.
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Origin: Handcrafted in Japan.
- Chopping board dimensions: 26 x 24 x 1.8cm.
Use & Care:
- Shun knives should be used in a smooth, slicing motion, not in a chopping, piercing or stabbing motion.
- Do not use Shun knives on hard materials like bones, joints, frozen foods, or hard vegetables like pumpkin.
- Use a good cutting board made of wood, wood composite, or polyethylene to retain a sharp edge for longer.
- Hand-wash knives with gentle dish soap and do not leave them submerged in soapy water.
- Store knives in a block, case, or magnetic holder to protect the blade and ensure safety.
- Regular honing with a Shun Honing Steel is necessary to prolong the life of the blade, and sharpening should only be done when necessary using a Shun or Seki Magoroku Whetstone or by a professional sharpener.
Please note: 10 Million Anniversary Promotion is for a limited time and only while stocks last. The promotion is available in store and online.